Thursday, June 5, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Best Friends' Weddings

This week has been a lot of reminiscing about weddings. I had two best friends in high school, Samantha and Carrie. Trevor's best friend was Paul. All three were married on the first weekend of June, so their anniversaries are in a row on my calendar. 


Samantha and Craig were married June 2, 2012 in Bethel, Maine. I never did get a clear picture of Craig's face during the wedding or reception, but we did get a fun picture at brunch the next morning of the newlyweds, Trevor and me, and Samantha's sister, Sarah, and her husband, Chris. Sarah, Samantha, and I had been friends for a very long time, so it was wonderful to see both girls together again, along with their husbands.




Carrie and Braden were married June 3, 2006 in Rugby, North Dakota. This was the first time I was a bridesmaid in a wedding, and it was the first wedding I attended where I actually, really knew the bride and groom. It still felt like we weren't grown ups back then. I had just moved from my dorm room to an apartment, and I really didn't think of myself as an adult, or as someone anywhere near ready to get married. If someone had told me then that I would be getting married just over three years later, I would have laughed in their face. It just goes to show how God's timing works versus our expectations!



Paul and Maggie were married June 4, 2011 in St. Paul, Minnesota. Trevor and Paul had been friends since late elementary school. Paul was a groomsman in our wedding, and Trevor was one in Paul's. Paul actually asked Trevor to be a groomsman on Christmas Day 2010 in the Atlanta airport while Paul was on a long layover between flights from Minneapolis to Johannesburg, South Africa! Their wedding was beautiful, and so very much reflected their personalities. 




No comments:

Post a Comment