Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Before 30 Bucket List: June Update

1. Run a 5K race. Take a step toward overall better health.

I'm still doing Pure Barre, though my membership ended yesterday. I'm on a little vacation in North Dakota right now, so I'm putting that on hold until I return next week. I wasn't totally sure I wanted to keep going after my initial 5 weeks were up, but then I started noticing my thighs are a little harder, my butt is a bit more defined...and I realized I definitely need to keep going!

I have also found that I am making a lot more choices that support working out because Pure Barre is such a substantial financial investment. I'm eating healthier snacks and cutting back on sodas because I've found it's a lot tougher to hold in my abs during the work out when I've had a soda before hand! My weight hasn't changed, but that is OK because my BMI is right where it should be, and truth be told, a bit toward the low end of "healthy" for my height.

2. Make my office/scrapbook space perfect.

I've done a lot in the past week or two to make this space more functional. I'm hoping I can keep the momentum going when I get back from my trip.

3. Pass the Middle Grades Social Sciences GACE.

I completely missed the cut off to take the June test, which is OK because I wasn't totally ready, anyway. My next chance is in August, but I'm having some serious doubts about whether this will help me find a job anyway.

4. Re-do/refresh our bedroom, including paint.

We finally hung up curtains in the room, but they weren't what I had originally imagined for the room, so I'm now questioning my paint choice for the bedroom. I had originally chosen a "Bamboo Shoot" sample from Valspar, but the curtains are a ocean blue stripe, so I think the green might bring too much color into the room. I'm tabling the decision for a little while.

5. Make curtains for the guestroom.

Done as of May 27! Pictures to come at some point...

6. Make curtains for the kitchen/living room.

Done as of June 19! We purchased curtains for our bedroom and living room about two weeks ago as part of a great sale Target had going on, and I had made a valence for the kitchen. Last week, the curtain rods were also on sale, so we got everything hung up. Once again, pictures are coming at some point...

7.  Finish A Clash of Kings, the second book in the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire series.

I am around page 400 right now. I am hoping that the four flights and approximately 10 hours in the car over the next week will help me make a bigger dent in the book this week.

8. Complete our wedding scrapbook.

Officially tabled until August. I have other projects I want to take care of right now, but I really hope I will make a dent in this project before my birthday.

9. Reduce my wardrobe.

I did a closet organization, and as a result, let go of a few clothing items and three pairs of shoes that will go to the Salvation Army after my trip to North Dakota.

10. Finish my home management binder.

It is pretty much done, but I think some things are not working the way I want them to, so I will be doing some revising after my trip. Like most of my projects, this is tabled until mid-July.

No comments:

Post a Comment