Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Get well card


{Supplies: Kraft cardstock by the paper studio, blue by American Crafts, white by Bazzill, stamps by Papertrey ink, inks by Studio Calico, clouds die cut using my Silhouette Cameo}

One of Trevor's airline friends, Jay, was in a terrible motorcycle accident last week. He spent some time in the hospital before having facial reconstruction surgery at the end of this past week. He is home recovering now, so we sent him this card to let him know he is in our thoughts and prayers. 

Technique-wise, this card is fairly simple. I stamped the plane and trimmed it with scissors, and I cut clouds with my Silhouette Cameo. I used the negative cut to guide my placement of the clouds. I used some washi tape to secure the negative to the background, and then I placed the clouds back in their holes. I did place the bottom cloud by hand, though, as it would have covered my sentiment otherwise!


No comments:

Post a Comment