Saturday, May 31, 2014

Before 30 Bucket List: May Progress

Happy weekend! Here's the latest progress on my Before 30 Bucket List. I'll warn you, there's been little progress since my last update. We were kind of living in survival mode for the few weeks of school, but now that the school year is over, I hope to make some real progress (and do more blogging) with all this extra free time I suddenly have!

1. Run a 5K race. Take a step toward better overall health.
In April, I wrote that I was reassessing my goal to run a 5K. Pure Barre opened in Peachtree City in mid-May and offered an awesome pre-opening special. Our friend Pier of The Newlywed Lefebvres had blogged about her experiences at another studio, so I decided to try it out. I've been to four classes in the past two weeks, and I plan to do about ten more before my special is up.

2. Make my office/scrapbook space perfect.
This space had to take a back seat while we got the main living areas tidied up these past few weeks. We have a guest staying with us for about a month while he trains at Delta, so we wanted the place to look like home and not an episode of Hoarders while he was here!

3. Pass the Middle Grades Social Studies GACE.
Still planning to take this in June -- if I don't decide to take a different test instead!

4. Re-do/refresh our bedroom, including paint.
No real change since April -- There is a sample swatch of Valspar Bamboo Shoot (light green) taped to the wall. I found a couple new decorating items, and I'm actively searching for a new duvet cover.

5. Make curtains for the guest room.
I finished the curtains on Tuesday of this past week! I had made them far too long, though. So, when I pinned them up to be hemmed, I realized I would be cutting about a foot and a half off each panel. These extra pieces got trimmed and hemmed to become valences for the kitchen window! I'll be sharing pictures sometime next week, I hope.

6. Make curtains for the living room/kitchen.
Not much progress since April -- Fabric choices are picked out, but I need to get Trevor to come along and help me decide which fabrics to use!

7. Finish A Clash of Kings, the second book in the Game of Thrones/Song of Ice and Fire series.
Still hanging around page 350. I've been trying to read Georgia Odyssey ahead of my GACE for middle grade Social Studies, so fun reading is out the window for awhile.

8. Complete our wedding scrapbook.
Ha. Ha. Ha ha ha. I haven't been in the scrapbook room enough to clean it up, let alone do any actual scrapbooking.

9. Reduce my wardrobe.
I cleaned out one drawer. One.

10. Finish my home management binder.
I've made a little progress, mostly in the calendar section, and mostly out of necessity!

No comments:

Post a Comment