Monday, January 11, 2016

Random True Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom

Most days, I'm not sure what day it is. I just know how many more days (or hours) I have to be solo until Trevor comes home.

I wish I could say I live in yoga pants, but I don't. It's actually pajamas. 

I don't have the free time I thought I would. Hudson never naps!

I feel like we have had a successful day if I have showered, brushed my teeth, and run the dishwasher. 

I sometimes miss the routine of having a job to go to, but then I have two wake up calls from Hudson that night and sleep in the rocking chair in his room from 3 until 6 and I realize "Nope, I'm good." 

I'm secretly addicted to the Gerber Lil Crunchies, AKA "baby Cheetos."

Sometimes, I just put extra stuff on Hudson's plate and we share his dinner of scrambled eggs, mozzarella cubes, clementines, and banana French toast. 

I am not bored staying at home. Sometimes I'm frustrated by how little I can accomplish right now. I know it will pass, and in a year or two, Hudson will be able to play alone while I clean up. I'll miss him constantly wanting to snuggle with me. 

I suddenly understand the value of being highly organized, and I curse myself daily for not getting it together before getting pregnant. 

I constantly wonder what I will do when I don't have a baby to take care of. At some point, I have to go back to work, right? 



No comments:

Post a Comment