Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Another big change

Yesterday was a bittersweet day for me. I turned in my resignation at work. I'm officially a stay at home mom now. 

From the moment I saw two lines on the test stick, I knew I would probably need to do this. My salary barely covered what I would spend on day care. I am not exaggerating - I would have cleared under $300 a month. Once I factored in the cost of transportation and new apparel for work, it just didn't make sense to continue working.

It was still a tough decision to make. I loved the school. I had an amazing administration and the most family-like staff I've ever experienced. It was so hard to say goodbye to that. 

Of course, I will miss the students too. I worked with some students who have very good hearts but need other people to help them see it in themselves. I cherish being a part of that process. I saw extraordinary growth in several boys this past year. It was the first time in my career that I've really felt that I can make a difference. I suppose in some ways that makes me feel more at peace with staying home. I know that my work this past year really had meaning. 

But now I get to embark on my most meaningful career ever, and I'll have the most adorable little "boss" in the world. Teaching was nice, but being a mom will be so much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment