Thursday, April 9, 2015

38 week update

37 weeks, 4 days. I think I feel even bigger than I look.

I am miserable.

My allergies have finally set in. I'm sneezing and coughing non-stop. My throat feels raw. I'm having trouble sleeping because the allergy problems wake me up. I almost feel like I need an inhaler to open my passageways again. 

I'm also feeling really sore and uncomfortable from carrying around 30+ extra pounds. Walking up the stairs and getting off the sofa are becoming a struggle. A lot of my clothes have ceased to fit. Even things that were fine a week ago can't quite stretch any further. It's also super hot outside, and I want shorts so badly! However, I haven't seen them in stores yet, and ordering online is risky at this point. Will they fit? Will they even arrive before Hudson? Even if they do arrive, will the weather stay warm enough, or is this week a fluke?

The good news is that the MD I saw at this week's appointment didn't think Hudson was quite as big as the midwives and the ultrasound indicated at the two previous appointments. However, he is still projected to be pretty big. I didn't enjoy this appointment, though. The doctor seemed like she didn't know why the midwife wanted me to see her, and when I explained why, I felt like the concerns were completely brushed aside as though she thought I was the one requesting to see her instead of the midwife suggesting I see her. I'm really glad I'll be seeing the midwives again at my next two appointments!


No comments:

Post a Comment