Monday, January 5, 2015

What I'm Cherishing Right Now

Yesterday morning, I woke up at 12:15 p.m. because Trevor needed to shower in the master bathroom. I had slept for nearly twelve hours with just one potty break in the middle of that time. That sort of sleep has been rare since I hit the second trimester. Sleeping like that was simply glorious.

I won't be able to do this when Hudson arrives.

Last night, I went to Publix by myself, without a list, and just wandered the store, picking up whatever looked yummy and figuring out what we would eat for the week as I went. I utterly failed at making a plan as I went, and I ended up having to make another trip to the store again tonight.

I won't be able to do this when Hudson arrives.

Tonight, I went to Babies R Us to pick up gifts for a couple baby showers I'll be attending in the next few weeks (yes, all of us are having babies at once, it seems). I spent 45 minutes wandering the store, and unsatisfied with what was left on my friend's registry, I went to Carter's to pick up a clearance outfit to round out her gift. While I was there, I noticed they had BOGO 50% off shoes next door at Shoe Carnival, so I popped in there for a good hour and walked out with three new pairs of flats for work.

I won't be able to do this when Hudson arrives.

When I got home from shopping, I played Candy Crush on my phone for awhile while Crookshanks snuggled on my lap. I'm cherishing these nights when he can jump on and off my lap whenever he pleases, with no baby crying for my attention or already occupying my lap.

I won't be able to do this when Hudson arrives.

Though we planned this pregnancy and very much wanted this child, I am so cherishing these last few months of freedom before we meet him. I'm doing my best not to wish away this time, to truly enjoy feeling his little wiggles at night. This stage won't last long - I've really only been able to feel him moving for a few weeks. Once he joins the outside world, I'll have him home with me for eighteen years. While I can't wait to see his face or hold him, each time I feel him kick, I know...

I won't be able to do this once Hudson arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment