Wednesday, January 7, 2015

New Year's Resolutions for 2015

We might be a week into the new year, but I still wanted to share my resolutions for 2015. I'm keeping it short and simple this year. I just don't think I have the time or energy to do anything major this year. So instead, I chose a few projects to work on and a few habits I'd like to form. Ideally, the projects will be finished before I start my maternity leave in mid-April, and the habits will be well-established before Hudson arrives a few days later.

1. Daily Bible Reading

I'm using the YouVersion app to help me keep this goal. I've chosen a few reading plans so that I spend about 20-30 each day reading Scriptures and devotionals. I'm really enjoying the balance between having a plan and having some variety. Currently, I'm reading an Overflow devotional from Hillsong United, a study on radical prayer, a set of 100 essential Bible passages, and a one year reading plan that pulls from several difference Once-A-Day Bibles.

2. Pray more.

With a baby on the way and my life about to change forever, I need to get into a consistent pattern of prayer. I pray at various times throughout the day, but I would like to get to the point where I consistently pray at the same times every day.

3. Declutter

Every closet in our house is full of stuff. I want to empty out at least one of them so Hudson has room for all his stuff. The closet in his room has held our Christmas decorations since we moved in. My plan is to clean out the office closet, move the Christmas decorations in there, and have Hudson's closet ready for all his clothes and toys long before we need it.

4. Finish A Clash of Kings.

I have been working on this book for nearly a year. I just want to finish it!

5. Be caught up on my Project Life album.

I'll be honest. I did not even one complete layout in 2014, so I'm calling 2014 a wash and starting fresh with 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment