Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Project Life: 2013 Week 17

Yes, these photos are older, but I just completed this layout two weeks ago! Weddings in Project Life really intimidate me! I don't want to give them too much weight because Project Life isn't about telling other people's stories, and it's not about the big events, but weddings are still part of our life. We have to travel, take time off from work, buy or rent clothing...and those are all things that should be in Project Life. So, I constantly find myself struggling to give them enough importance but not too much importance. 

This time, though, I think it's okay that it takes up a little more room. It's the wedding of my husband's only brother, Tyler, and his wife, Jenny! I can't believe it's been nearly a year since we flew to Connecticut for this. It felt like the two years they were engaged lasted forever, but the past year has flown by. I'm sure the newlyweds would also agree!

This week features pages from week 17, April 22-27, 2013. I normally end my spreads on Sunday, but because Saturday was my brother-in-law's wedding in Connecticut and Sunday was the beginning of trip to Michigan, it seemed like it made more sense to make this "week" just 6 days.

Only two photos were taken in Georgia this week - the photo of my hair looking AMAZING without being straightened thanks to my new shampoo, and the photo of my favorite sculpture in the Atlanta airport.

See? Well, probably not, thanks to the glare from the page protector, but my hair seriously did look awesome after three months of using Suave Keratin Infusion shampoo and conditioner.

I am making a point to use all the geo tags and arrows I've accumulated over the past few years by documenting our travel routes in Project Life. You can see how I used both on this page.

The only photo Trevor or I took the night of the rehearsal dinner was the selfie of me in the hotel mirror. The picture doesn't properly convey the horror of that hotel. OMG. It was bad. 

We did get pictures from my in-laws later on, but since I had already printed these photos and added them to the album, I left them out. I couldn't justify adding another insert for this week!

For the actual wedding ceremony, I picked a few photos that were very self-explanatory. I paired them with the MAMBI ring card and a PL wedding mini kit card I dressed up with some Bazzill shimmer cardstock from my stash that almost perfectly matches the bridesmaid dresses and ties (Trevor got to keep his tie, so I matched it with that). 





For the reception, I did some journaling to explain who is in some of these photos and where we were. Though it's unlikely I'll forget those details, I know that someday, my future kids or nieces/nephews who didn't exist may want those details. 

The letter V with the date was originally intended for the front of the insert, but I felt like the ring card needed to go on the front with the photos of the ring exchange, and I wanted Tyler and Jenny's names on the front, so I swapped the two cards around after the spread was completed.
The gray and white cards are from the Project Life mini kit, and the purple cards are cut from the same Bazzill shimmer cardstock as the couple's names on the previous page.


{Supplies: Studio Calico May 2013 scrapbook kit, cut files from the Silhouette store and from Studio Calico, Silhouette Cameo, Project Life wedding mini kit, chipboard arrow from Studio Calico January 2013 Scrapbook kit, MAMBI pocket card wedding collection, Dear Lizzie roller stamp from March 2012 Studio Calico Scrapbook kit, American Crafts Precision pens, Colorbox blue ink, AC embossing powder in Denim, Bazzill shimmer cardstock, and Paperbilities pearl letter V}


No comments:

Post a Comment