Thursday, February 20, 2014

2013 Album Title Page


{Supplies: SC Project Life kits, Project Life Vintage Travel Core kit, SC Scrapbook kits, Ever After font, Honey font, Silhouette Cameo die cut machine, cut files from the Silhouette online store}

These photos are terrible, and I apologize. I used my iPhone, and I had no idea that I would be sharing these images on the blog when I took them. I was really just intending to text them to a friend to show her I'd been productive during the holiday break. However, tonight, I'm bored, so I've decided to schedule a couple posts, and I just kept coming back to these images. I don't want to re-shoot them at 10 p.m. at night, so we're just going to live with them!

The star with the 2013 badge was rescued from my failed December Daily album. They are mounted on a piece of thick transparency film, back to back so the adhesives didn't show. 

All of the cards, with the exception of the "In Review" and calendar cards, are from the Vintage Travel line that is a Michael's exclusive. The two exceptions are from the Studio Calico Project Life kits I received last year (I subscribed from January through October).  Most of the embellishments are from the Studio Calico kits I've received since beginning my subscription in January 2011. Kits more than a year old are broken up, so I can't tell which specific kit the items came from, but I know what came from the kits still. 

This is the opening page of my 2013 regular scrapbook. Essentially, what you are seeing are pages 1 and 2. Page 3 will be a map showing where we traveled in 2013. The fourth and fifth pages will be my monthly two-page spread for January. At some point, I want to do a brief video explaining my album organization. I basically have two albums running for each year - Project Life and my "regular" scrapbook. The structure of my regular albums revolves around something called "Project 12," in which I've committed to creating a two page spread summarizing each month of the year as soon as I can following that month. Events for that month fall after the P12 layout. This way, even if I don't create a layout for a specific event, it's at least summarized, and I have 24 pages in my album at the end of the year.


No comments:

Post a Comment