Friday, November 10, 2017

A Big Promotion!



Hudson has been promoted to Big Brother! His baby brother will be arriving in early March (or maybe even late February). I'm currently 23 weeks pregnant. This has been a surprising pregnancy so far, even though it was planned. I use an app based on natural family planning, and the app told me there was a pretty slim chance it would work that month. I realized that that time was approaching, but I didn't feel anything at all. With Hudson, I felt nauseated for several days before I took the test, and it really just confirmed what I already knew. This time? I saw a faint second line and thought it was a faulty test. I took two more over the next two days before I fully believed it.

Everything has been the opposite of how I felt with Hudson. I'm more tired, but I'm less nauseated. The sciatic pain and stretching soreness were on the left with him; this time, it's all on the right.
I had a strong feeling that Hudson was a boy from the moment I found out, but this time, I had no strong feeling in either direction. We all sort of suspected a girl because things had been so different, so we were pretty surprised when the ultrasound tech put the image on the screen and we instantly saw "boy parts." We've had another scan since then, so we are certain that he is a boy! We have a first name picked, but we are really struggling to come up with a middle name this time around. We're trying to avoid using a J name for the middle name, so many of the classic middle names for boys are out.

Just like when I was pregnant with Hudson, my cats have been more cuddly, sleeping with me most nights and wanting to be on my lap if I'm not with Hudson. I definitely don't mind! Hudson is in a less cuddly stage right now, so I'm happy to take cuddles where I can.

And as if adding a baby to the family isn't enough by itself, we have another big announcement! Come back on Sunday for that news. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment